The busy holiday travel season is winding down, but lines are no fun at any time of year. Seize your own destiny with these three tips to get you through the airport as quickly as possible.
1. Use the mobile app
Download our award winning mobile apps for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone to book trips, check in for flights, access your mobile boarding pass, preorder food and more.
In 2014 alone, Alaska’s mobile app was rated best in the airline industry by Travel Pulse, awarded Best Airline Mobile Application and Best Travel Mobile Application by the Web Marketing Association and attained a five-star ranking – higher than any other airline app – in the Apple Store.
Customers love it for hassle-free check-in, mobile boarding pass and booking tickets.
Download the app:
2. Online self-tag
Use online self-tag so you can just drop your bag at the airport. Not only will tagging your bags at home save time, but you’ll be able to use designated Self-Tag Express™ lanes once you arrive. You can find Self-Tag Express in 60 locations throughout our system, including Seattle, Anchorage, Washington, D.C. and more. Find a location: alaskaair.com/selftag.
How it works:
- Book a trip at www.alaskaair.com.
- Follow instructions in your pre-trip email to request a bag tag holder in advance by mail or pick up a holder in person at the airport.
- Check in online up to 24 hours before your flight and follow the instructions to print a bag tag at home.
- Insert your printed bag tag into the tag pouch.
- At the airport, follow signs for Self-Tag Express™ lanes.
- Show the agent your boarding pass, identification and drop off your bags.
3. Print your own boarding pass
Alaska and Horizon offer check-in kiosks throughout airports and other busy locations in more than 70 cities. Using this service, travelers can check in electronically, receive a boarding pass and head straight to the gate without ever going to the ticket counter.
How do you beat the airport crowds?