Our contact centers are experiencing longer than normal call wait times. To save yourself from the hold music, we encourage you to take advantage of our online change/cancellation options and to reach out to our Reservations team ONLY if you need assistance with a reservation scheduled in the next 72 hours.
A few helpful tips:
- If you booked through an online travel agency such as Expedia or Travelocity, etc., please contact them for assistance.
- If you’d like to cancel your reservation, visit alaskaair.com, our mobile site or the Alaska Airlines app.
- If you want to change your reservation, you must use the full desktop site.
- Our current change/cancel fee waiver will be automatically be applied if your reservation qualifies.
- Saver fares cannot be changed, only canceled. Don’t worry, you’ll receive a credit for the value of your ticket in your e-wallet to use towards a future flight.
Avoid waiting on hold:
- You can change or cancel your trip online using the guide below.
- If your travel plans are NOT within the next 72 hours, please hold off calling our Reservations team. Thank you!
- If you must travel in the next few days, give us a call at 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522)
How to cancel your reservation online
Step 1 – Look up your reservation, select “cancel.”
You’ll need the confirmation code & last name.
Desktop / Mobile
Step 2 – If you purchased a nonrefundable fare, choose how you want to receive the travel credit.
If you have a My Account profile at alaskaair.com, sign into your account and choose “send the credit to My Wallet.”
If you don’t have a My Account profile or prefer to get your travel credit via email for later use, choose “send the travel credit to my email.”
Step 3 – Confirm cancellation.
If you choose “send the credit to My Wallet”, the funds will appear in your My Account profile. This can take up to 7 days, but usually happens almost immediately. When you’re ready to book your next flight, the credit will be available to use, as long as you’re signed into your account.
If you choose to “send the travel credit to my email”, you’ll receive 2 emails. One with the certificate code, and one with the PIN. You’ll need both of these when you’re ready to book your next flight.
A confirmation email will be waiting for you in your inbox.
How to change your reservation online
Step 1 – Pull up your reservation.
You’ll need the confirmation code, and your last name.
Step 2 – Choose the flight you’d like to change.
Select “make changes to this trip” if you are only changing part of your trip, or purchased your original ticket using a discount code.
Otherwise choose “Use the value of this trip to purchase a new trip.”
Step 3 – Select your new flight.
Any difference in fare or credit due will be displayed on the right. Once you have selected your new itinerary, proceed to checkout to finish.
Yay! You’re on your way!